Daikin DIII-Net Bus with F1,F2

Old 09-13-07, 09:14 AM
Z
Upvotes: 0
Received 0 Upvotes on 0 Posts
Daikin DIII-Net Bus with F1,F2

Hi,
I have Daikin air conditioning system in my house. I'm looking for any good solution to control it remotely. I know they have native controllers but I have found something else : They call it CoolMaster 1000. I wonder if anybody has any experience with this device? I want to connect it to my PC first.

Old 10-05-07, 12:54 AM
Z
First Impression

Well looks like nobody here knows this device.
Anyway I have got one and want to share my impression.
1. Stability
- Have seen no problems so far. Device was powered up connected to DIII-Net and newer restarted for about 3 weeks
- There was one power shutdown in my place after power was up system has fully recovered
2. Interface.
- I have Unitronix home automation controller. It took me 30minutes to leaarn my controller speak with CoolMaster. Now I have full control over house A/C system
3. Problems
- Not easy to physically connect F1,F2 lines to CoolMaster. The terminal screws are bit small. I had to cut a few wires from DIII-Net cable.
4. Advantages.
- I like it's LCD. I can detect now any problems looking at it. This is good if you need for some reason to call technician as first thing they ask is "do you have any alerts?"
http://xdimax.com/cool_faq/faq_operation.html#LCD
Now I do not need to run over whole house.

Old 11-03-07, 07:43 AM
Z
Well now it over everything is working just fine. Now I'm looking for connecting CoolMaster to my AMX controller

Old 11-03-07, 07:51 PM
M
Banned. Rule And/Or Policy Violation
OH neat a new toy

That sounds like fun big Z enjoy

Old 07-09-08, 03:16 PM
D
Originally Posted by znatok
Well now it over everything is working just fine. Now I'm looking for connecting CoolMaster to my AMX controller
Hi, i think iam going to try connecting such CoolMaster 1000 with DIII myself too, but i need to ask you a lot of stuff, so can you give me your ICQ, SKYPE or at least e-mail for more comfortable communication?

Old 10-26-08, 09:21 AM
Z
Let's talk here. I'm a bit lazy to ICQ. If there will be something that will require private communication I will send you it via private message. I also hope to meet here another people and perhaps someone familiar with AMX.

Old 11-03-08, 01:13 PM
M
Originally Posted by znatok
Hi,
I have Daikin air conditioning system in my house. I'm looking for any good solution to control it remotely. I know they have native controllers but I have found something else : They call it CoolMaster 1000. I wonder if anybody has any experience with this device? I want to connect it to my PC first.
G'day Znatok,

I'd be really interested to find out how the connection to your AMX system goes.
Please let me know.

Cheers

Mush

Old 11-05-08, 04:32 AM
Z
Hi,
It's working. I've got it on about a half year ago.
What would you like to know exactly?

Search this Thread

Ask a Question
Question Title:
Description:
Your question will be posted in: