Carrier A/C problems, pressure switch

Old 10-03-07, 11:50 AM
Carrier A/C problems, pressure switch

Hello,

My carrier funace/central air system is flashing a code 23, this means something to do wtih the pressure switch, should I replace the pressure switch or is there a sensor that I should look at first.
Thanks
Aaron

Last edited by countrymechanic; 10-03-07 at 11:51 AM. Reason: forgot something
Sponsored Links
Old 10-03-07, 01:23 PM
Originally Posted by countrymechanic View Post
Hello,

My carrier funace/central air system is flashing a code 23, this means something to do wtih the pressure switch, should I replace the pressure switch or is there a sensor that I should look at first.
Thanks
Aaron
It's possible that the pressure switch tubing might have a leak, also, if your furnace is a high effiiciency model. check that the condensate from the heating process is draining and not back up in the furnace. Can you post the model # ?
At www.carrier-commercial.com you can find manuals and wiring diagrams for carrier equipment under the literature link.

Old 10-04-07, 01:43 PM
Model Number

yes the model number is CK5BXA018014AAAA

Old 10-04-07, 03:42 PM
yes the model number is CK5BXA018014AAAA
that looks like it might be a component #
Carrier Gas furnace model numbers start with 58

any chance you can check again? look for the data plate on the furnace thanks

Old 10-08-07, 05:44 AM
model number

Sorry I got the wrong one,

model number is 58PAV045-08

Old 10-08-07, 01:23 PM
Sorry I got the wrong one,

model number is 58PAV045-08
Thanks. I went to Carrier's website [www.carrier-commercial.com] and found that there are several booklets avaiable for your furnace. There are also several series of this model so when you download the document you'll need the series # from he data plate. At the website, click on literature, then choose maintenance, then input the model #. As for the problem, it could be a bad switch, it could be something that's preventing the draft motor from inducing an air flow or something that's preventing the signal from getting to the pressure switch. It's possible that the hose to the pressure switch has a leak or is obstructed, the fan wheel on the combustion air motor could be loose and just freewheeling, the fan wheel could be rotted away, the combustion air fan housing could be cracked, the heat exchanger cells could be obstructed. There are many things to check for. Let us know what you find.

Last edited by daddyjohn; 10-08-07 at 01:25 PM. Reason: spelling correction
Old 10-09-07, 07:37 AM
pressure switch

Well its not the pressure switch or the sensor attatched to the pressure switch, switched them out with my neighbor who has the same model. The same problem still reads code 23 it is in the furnace unit itself though not the central air unit outside because I tried to turn on the heat and it does the same thing and the funace won't kick in , will check some of the other items you mentioned, there is no hole in the pressure switch hose, what would be the next step of all the things you listed to test?

Last edited by countrymechanic; 10-09-07 at 07:41 AM. Reason: forgot
Old 10-09-07, 01:03 PM
Smile pressure switch

I finally got it!! it wasn't the pressure switch, what happened is this the people that cut my grass were weedwacking and cut the wires going to the outside central air unit, when they repaired it they put one of the wires onto the 240 volt power supply instead of the switch connections when the air was turned on 240 volts went into the main curcuit board and blew the wiring in the back to pieces. It works great now that the cuicuit board is replaced.

Aaron

Old 10-10-07, 04:17 PM
I finally got it!! it wasn't the pressure switch, what happened is this the people that cut my grass were weedwacking and cut the wires going to the outside central air unit, when they repaired it they put one of the wires onto the 240 volt power supply instead of the switch connections when the air was turned on 240 volts went into the main curcuit board and blew the wiring in the back to pieces. It works great now that the cuicuit board is replaced.

Aaron
Glad to hear you got it fixed. I hope it wasn't too expensive? I'm surprised there was any display on the board, you think it would have fried.