water blowing

Old 10-06-07, 07:24 AM
T
Upvotes: 0
Received 0 Upvotes on 0 Posts
water blowing

help ! i have water on the floor under my air handler !!!!
the drip pan and drain pipe are working perfectly. i can pour water in the drip pan and it flows out of the pipe.
but........(with the panel removed) when i turn my ac on,,the fan causes the water to blow out of the pan !!spalshing! everywhere!.... .. with the cover on, it dribbles out of the side cover , from splashing and blowing i think.
my question...can my coil be so clogged that it is forcing the air thu the water on the drip pan? or ???
any ideas????
help
and.....if my coil clogged..wouldnt the bulk of the crud be on the INSIDE of the coil? (inside the "A")...ive read some on cleaning coils,,and they all show it being done from the outside with a brush or vaccuum brush. will that get it clean?

Last edited by theranster; 10-06-07 at 07:38 AM. Reason: added more probles/questions
Old 10-06-07, 08:48 AM
J
Received 0 Upvotes on 0 Posts
A clean coil (both sides) is absolutely essential for proper drainage. Additionally, the pan needs to be clean and the drain lines clear. It's good practice to blow them out whenever the coil is cleaned. Also check for a rusted out or cracked pan.

Be careful when cleaning the coil. Do not damage or bend the fins. Bent fins do not drain properly and restrict air flow.

Old 10-06-07, 10:30 AM
Received 1 Upvote on 1 Post
Wink

Might also check for a fin comb to help clean the inlet side of the coil. Make sure and get the right fin # per ". Home depot in FL did have them.

Search this Thread

Ask a Question
Question Title:
Description:
Your question will be posted in: