Water leaking from evaporator

Old 10-13-07, 04:35 PM

I have a Carrier blower and evaporator coil. The blower is similar to the PA58 (http://www.xpedio.carrier.com/idc/gr.../58pa-10si.pdf)
with a CD5 evaporator coil (http://www.xpedio.carrier.com/idc/gr...004-043004.pdf)

The water is leaking from the sides, where the coil is attached to the top of the blower. It seems to bubble out of the reflective tape. I have removed the drain pipe and made sure it was clear. The unit looks less than 5 years old.

Is something wrong or do I just need to reseal the evaporator?

Thanks,
James

Sponsored Links
Old 10-13-07, 07:26 PM
Wink

Do you keep a new filter in all the time??? Could be that the coil has dirt in it. Check that first. Does water come out the drain pipe???

Old 10-14-07, 09:49 AM
Actually, it is a rental house and the filter was out when I went over. If dirt is on the coils, how can I clean that?

Water does drain to the outside. I used a water hose to make sure it wasn't clogged.

Thanks,
James

Old 10-19-07, 08:01 AM

I have a similar problem with two Carrier FF1ENP024 air handlers. The coil is mounted at an angle and condensate from the coil drops straight down to the bottom of the housing and runs out on the floor instead of running down the coil and into the small drain pan. The company that installed the units doesn't have a clue. The units are one year old, filters have been maintained and the coils are clean.