Trane TCONT802 Thermostat

Old 10-17-07, 01:44 PM
Trane TCONT802 Thermostat

I just had installed a Trane XV95 and XL16i system with the Trane TCONT802 thermostat. I like the system very much but have a question about the thermostat operation. You can program the fan to "on/auto/circ" for each time period, but I haven't found a way to turn the fan off. Like today, 70+ I wanted to turn the furnace off and just open the windows. I could turn the system to off but the blower was still following the schedule (even when the thermostat set the system to off). Is there any way to temporarly turn the fan options off without having to reschedule the system?

Thanks!!

Sponsored Links
Old 10-17-07, 07:16 PM
You have the fan programed to diffirent mode each time? (Exp. Circ at night, Auto in day)

sad to say, there is no way to "overide" it in away... YOu could switch it over from AUTO to "Circ" mode, just won't run as much as ON.

I have mine programed to in in AUTO mode, then I just set it to on this time of year, but when winter comes, I go back in to the program, and set it to ON in the day, and Circ overnight.

Old 10-18-07, 05:14 AM
Thanks!!

Originally Posted by Jay11J View Post
You have the fan programed to diffirent mode each time? (Exp. Circ at night, Auto in day)

sad to say, there is no way to "overide" it in away... YOu could switch it over from AUTO to "Circ" mode, just won't run as much as ON.

I have mine programed to in in AUTO mode, then I just set it to on this time of year, but when winter comes, I go back in to the program, and set it to ON in the day, and Circ overnight.

Thanks Jay. Yes, I do have it programmed for different settings:

Wake "Fan set to ON"
Leave "Fan set to AUTO"
Return "Fan set to ON"
Sleep "Fan set to CIRC"

What I find strange is every other thermostat I've seen when you set the system of "Off" it turns everything OFF!! It's odd that Trane would design a thermostat that would operate this way.

E the P

Old 10-18-07, 05:26 AM
Originally Posted by E the P View Post
Thanks Jay. Yes, I do have it programmed for different settings:

Wake "Fan set to ON"
Leave "Fan set to AUTO"
Return "Fan set to ON"
Sleep "Fan set to CIRC"

What I find strange is every other thermostat I've seen when you set the system of "Off" it turns everything OFF!! It's odd that Trane would design a thermostat that would operate this way.

E the P
Agree, that's the way Honeywell designed the t-stat. I just sent an e-mail to a guy at Honeywell about this.

Old 10-19-07, 04:33 PM
Banned. Rule And/Or Policy Violation
Wow now that is some interesting information. I am trying to figure out the reasoning behind that I would think the off button would be like a e-stop. That design engineer probably has 10 or 12 engineering degrees that prove his thinking is right, who the heck are we to question such authority.