Loud dripping noise inside wall!

Old 10-19-07, 01:37 PM
Upvotes: 0
Received 0 Votes on 0 Posts
Unhappy Loud dripping noise inside wall!

It took us a year and a half to repair and return to our flood-destroyed house after Hurricane Katrina. EVERYTHING in the house is new except the four walls. The house is now better than before, but I do not recommend this method of remodeling. However, the new A/C is dripping very loudly inside the wall. My contractor told me it is the "P-trap" and that it's supposed to drip. I lived in my house for 6 years before Katrina and I know that there was no dripping noise in my wall. I'm pretty sure that dripping thing was in the attic. This dripping occurs in the wall right next to my daughter's bedroom and it's so loud and annoying that she actually can't sleep. Is there anything we can do about this? HELP!

Sponsored Links
Old 10-19-07, 06:58 PM
Banned. Rule And/Or Policy Violation
sounds a bit unusual that the p trap would be very far from the unit much less inside a wall. Need to get someone to take a look at your unit that may be the secondary pan draining which could mean that the primary drain is blocked. Obviously something is not right stay on the contractor till it is repaired to your satisfaction.

Old 10-24-07, 06:52 AM
Thank you for your reply!

Originally Posted by Mr Fixit View Post
sounds a bit unusual that the p trap would be very far from the unit much less inside a wall. Need to get someone to take a look at your unit that may be the secondary pan draining which could mean that the primary drain is blocked. Obviously something is not right stay on the contractor till it is repaired to your satisfaction.