blower motor won't stop?

Old 10-25-07, 05:21 PM
blower motor won't stop?

What do I do? Is it bad for the unit? Thanks!

Sponsored Links
Old 10-25-07, 05:31 PM
If the indoor blower motor keeps running, check to make sure someone didn't change the setting from auto to on on the fan switch of the thermostat. Also, make sure you place the system in off. Don't have it in heating or cooling. So, fan to auto and system to off. Let me know what it does. If it keeps running, we can start to troubleshoot.

Old 10-25-07, 05:37 PM
Didn't work still, has air coming thru vents. But not much air. If I turn the thermostat to fan, alot more air comes thru.

Old 10-26-07, 01:22 PM
Wink

Didn't work still, has air coming thru vents. But not much air. If I turn the thermostat to fan, alot more air comes thru.
Sounds like it goes over to heat speed then. check the fan control in the unit.If you have one. Or the fan relay. Just what do you have there for heat ? Newer units can have a fan relay board in them.

Old 10-26-07, 03:29 PM
Banned. Rule And/Or Policy Violation
Might get more hits in the "Gas and Oil Heating Furnaces" subforum here. You might want to post the age, make and model of furnace and type of thermostat and if the problem just started to happen without anything else being done just previous.