TRANE XL16i

Old 11-08-07, 02:27 AM
Question TRANE XL16i

I have been researching the TRANE XL16i system with the XV90 furnace. I live in S Texas. I always see the humidifier and air cleaner listed w/ this system. Are these 2 things required to have a good working system? Any ideas what a system like this can cost? I do understand this can vary from company to company. Are we talking 6K?, 10K? or more?

Sponsored Links
Old 11-08-07, 03:15 AM
No! I get a good media filter and skip the humidifier. Id allso look at a heat pump for your area.

Old 11-08-07, 06:42 AM
For you being in TX, I'd say the XV90 is an over kill for your area since you do not have long winter like I do up here in MN.

XV90 is no longer made, unless you are looking at the XV90i, The XV90i has a built in air cleaner.

If you do have heath issues or allergy that you need cleaner air, the go for it.. It does involve cleaning the pre-filter every 2 months, and the collection cell every 6 months.

As Airman said, look into heat pump for your area, and use the XV80 for gas back up.

The XL16i will be an ideal system for your area since you have longer summer than we do.

Old 11-09-07, 08:31 PM
Wink

Go to http://warmair.net and compare fuel cost for where you are down there. If gas Id just go for a XV80. On the AC or heat pump Id go for the XL15i and stay with R22. Be sure and get 3 bids for the job there.