Fast drip noise inside Central A/C unit while not running?

Old 12-09-07, 05:18 PM
K
Upvotes: 0
Received 0 Upvotes on 0 Posts
Unhappy Fast drip noise inside Central A/C unit while not running?

Hi,
I'm looking for insight into an apt AC issue. I'm tired of the maintenance telling me that what I hear is normal. My guess is that the unit is about as old as the apt, approx 7 years.

Two months after moved in and been running AC (in FL), started to hear a rapid thumping inside the indoors portion of unit.The panel that you open to put in the filter is in a hallway right outside my bedroom and is where noise is loudest - it is a very rapid dripping noise actually.

Maintenance says 'the noise at shut down is normal function, we have no solution. Dripping is water draining out of fan, also normal to AC system."

Ok, I have never heard this noise this frequently and this loud in any other Central AC unit I've ever had. It will drip for HOURS and is driving me crazy! The noise does stop intermittently but not for long. I can't imagine that any AC manufacturer would stay in business for very long if this was a normal function.

I would really love some insight into what may be causing it that I can take to my Office Manager to hopefully get different results than 'no solution'. I can't imagine listening to this for another 10 months!

Thank You!

Old 12-09-07, 05:40 PM
M
Banned. Rule And/Or Policy Violation
Upvotes: 0
Received 0 Upvotes on 0 Posts
Is there another apartment above yours? If so then I would say that their condensate drain is tied into yours and that is what is actually dripping not yours. Have the maintenance guys reroute the drain from above and you should be good to go.

Search this Thread

Ask a Question
Question Title:
Description:
Your question will be posted in: