Home made evap cleaner solution

Old 02-21-08, 08:42 AM
Received 0 Votes on 0 Posts
Home made evap cleaner solution

Can anyone recommend a handy mix made from common cleaners that I can squirt on and brush and rinse off of indoor evaporator coil and fins? OR are you completely convinced the only way to do it right is to buy the jugs of specialty liquids at H. Depot or Lowes? Seems to me dust is dust. Let it soak 20 minutes and blast it out with clean h2o and call it a day eh?.

Sponsored Links
Old 02-21-08, 10:45 AM
Received 2 Votes on 2 Posts
I'm sure that you could come up with a home brew that would do the job. Remember that indoors you are dealing with more than dust. Suspended cooking grease, human and pet dander, pollen from indoor plants, and hair spray to name a few.

Old 02-22-08, 08:05 AM
Received 0 Votes on 0 Posts
Homemade Evap Cleaner ?

Please do not try to make your own cleaner. There are many things that get pulled thru your evap coil, ie; dust, hair, dander and grease. If you make your own cleaner it may be too caustic and eat thru your coil. Most coils are copper with aluminum fins, and the pre-made products are made to get the best cleaning with out damaging your unit. A home made product may clean just as well but could eventually eat thru your coil.