mounting outside ac unit

Old 03-08-08, 06:54 AM
W
Upvotes: 0
Received 0 Upvotes on 0 Posts
mounting outside ac unit

I just moved into a new house. The outside a/c unit is mounted up in the air on top of 3 inch pvc pipe shaped as upside down U's. The ground underneath needs some work to slant away from the house. I am looking for steel brackets to mount onto the foundation to support the pad and the AC unit. Where can I find these brackets?

Old 03-08-08, 12:40 PM
Received 1 Upvote on 1 Post
Wink

No way do you want to tie the condenser on steel angle to the foundation to support the pad . They tried that a long time ago. You will know every time that the unit comes on . all through the home . "TRUST ME"

Old 03-08-08, 06:21 PM
W
so I guess I should have someone drain the freon and disconnect it and pour a pad, elevate with concrete blocks and do it the way it should have been done the first time?

Old 03-08-08, 06:45 PM
M
AC Support

A local supply house will be able to sell you a nylon or concrete covered foam pad to set the unit on the you just have to properly grade the area

Old 03-08-08, 08:45 PM
Received 1 Upvote on 1 Post
Wink

You said its up high off the ground. This isnt a heat pump is it ??? If so its up high off the ground so the water from a defrost can get away from it????????

Old 03-09-08, 10:03 AM
W
No it is not a heat pump. My house is on a incline, so that the basement is a walk out. The slope of the hill next to the house in that area is such that the ground 4 feet from the house is higher than that right next to the foundation. I want to add more dirt next to the house and fix the slope. The air conditioner is probably 14" above the current level, but the foundation is probably only 6" above the current level.

Search this Thread

Ask a Question
Question Title:
Description:
Your question will be posted in: