Best way to save refrigerant

Old 04-22-08, 08:54 AM
F
Received 0 Votes on 0 Posts
Best way to save refrigerant

I have three Fujitsu 'Multi Split' systems. One system has two line sets, two circulators, and one compressor, used for heating and cooling.

Two of the systems are operational and am installing the third system now. I would like to move one of the existing, pressurized line sets to the new system. Is there a way to move the R410A back into the compressor? If not, what is the best way to open the lines? I have a vacuum pump and Yellow Jacket manifold.

Regards, Bob

Old 04-22-08, 09:05 AM
Sorry but if you read this thread you will see why we don't give sealed system advice. http://forum.doityourself.com/showthread.php?t=315401

You really don't want to do this yourself anyway with it being 410. It's totally different working with 410 as apposed to 22.

Old 04-22-08, 10:33 AM
F
Mattison - Thanks for your prompt reply. I'll find a local AC person to do the work.

Could you tell me if it is possible to reclaim the refrigerant to the original system? This will help with planning. May not be worth moving the lines if it's a big deal.

Regards, Bob

Old 04-22-08, 06:15 PM
Super Moderator
Received 54 Votes on 50 Posts
Maybe but whether you can or not depends on how the system was put together.
You would have to rely on a tech to figure this out.

Old 04-24-08, 08:53 AM
Wink

My guess is you cant save it. As R410a is a mix freon. You have to work with it as a liquid .Any loss in it as a gas and you dont have a R410a any more.

Search this Thread

Ask a Question
Question Title:
Description:
Your question will be posted in: