Need Help with A York 1 1/2 Ton AC

Old 04-25-08, 06:31 PM
F
Received 0 Votes on 0 Posts
Question Need Help with A York 1 1/2 Ton AC

I purchased a condo last November and it was too cold for the inspector to test the a/c. The hvac company that services the building offers a spring special where they inspect the a/c before summer. I have a 1 1/2 ton unit (York Model # H1CB018506A) on the roof and in the condo itself I have the air handler. Both are original and about 16-17 years old. I wasn't able to be home when the tech was here and he left his report. The ODT was 68 the Suction 50 and Liquid 150 (not sure what all that means) the compressor rate is the thing i am questioning. It lists the recomended rate at 8.6 but the actual is 4.8. Is this a problem or is it because it was cooler outside (about 55-60 when the service was completed)? I am going to call the hvac company on Monday but this is worrying me as I don't want to have to purchase a new unit. Any help would be great.

Old 04-25-08, 06:49 PM
Off the top of my head that may be ok. It was cool out so there wasn't really a load on the system but if the ratings you quoted are the amps and they are low like that then you may be low on refrigerant. Best to call service company and see what they say and post back. They should have also checked your charge via super-heat or sub-cooling. Do you know if they did that ?

Old 04-25-08, 06:59 PM
F
Not sure if they did that or not. The section says Compressor Rate 8.6 and then the line under says Actual 4.8. The only notes on there is that the filter was clean so they just left me another filter. I ran the unit today for a short while it was about 77 out and it blew cool air. I know as part of the service they would add up to 1 pound of coolant but there is nothing noted in that section and all the different areas are checked off.

Old 04-26-08, 09:12 PM
Z
Received 1 Vote on 1 Post
All that means nothing.

Here are the questions you need to be answering....

1) How are you heating ??? Is it forced air electric heat coil ? What state are you located ?

2) Easy way to check if your ac is good... Get a stem type thermomter (they have them in auto parts stores or maybe even walmart in the auto section) stick it into your register closest to the air handler. Let the AC run for 15-20 minutes and check the temp. Should be about 20 degrees lower than what your room thermostat is reading.

Do that and get back to me.

Search this Thread

Ask a Question
Question Title:
Description:
Your question will be posted in: