TECO AC Soft Starter

Old 05-28-08, 08:19 PM
Received 0 Votes on 0 Posts
Talking TECO AC Soft Starter

Compressor only runs a few seconds when started !!The outdoor unit on my TECO split system has a module encased in resign. By the looks this is some sort of relay/timer module to switch between the compressors start & run windings. As the comp. starts but only runs for a few seconds then stops when it's contactor pulls in, I am assuming this "DETRON ACS-II" module is at fault. Does anyone know what components are encased in this resign box? Or can I use a standard timer with changeover contacts to replace it?

Thanks
David.

Sponsored Links
Old 10-05-08, 01:50 AM
Originally Posted by DEBrooksy View Post
Compressor only runs a few seconds when started !!The outdoor unit on my TECO split system has a module encased in resign. By the looks this is some sort of relay/timer module to switch between the compressors start & run windings. As the comp. starts but only runs for a few seconds then stops when it's contactor pulls in, I am assuming this "DETRON ACS-II" module is at fault. Does anyone know what components are encased in this resign box? Or can I use a standard timer with changeover contacts to replace it?

Thanks
David.
Teco AC Soft Starter
Hi David,
I'm afraid I can't help but am experiencing exactly same symptoms & wonder whether u found a solution & if so what it was. Many thanks in anticipation .. John Gillard Australia

Last edited by HotxxxxxxxOKC; 10-05-08 at 06:53 AM. Reason: email removed. Spam prevention
Old 01-21-10, 03:10 PM
I had two faults on my Kelvinator split unit...first, the unit would run a few seconds and trip off, as you are experiencing...the second is that the unit would run but the compressor would not kick in.

The first issue was a faulty Detron ACS-series starter...the second issue was the faulty starter coupled with a failed run capacitor.

I just fixed my unit last night...I got the capacitor from a local industrial motor shop, and I got the starter from a refrigeration mechanic friend who purchased it from an industrial refrigeration dealer.

Old 02-19-13, 02:59 AM
Kelvinator RAC KWJ62HRA

This unit has a DETRON ACS2 - 1 control unit with a 24 volt a.c. relay on board. After the designed time delay of approx 3 minutes 1.9 volts appears across the coil terminals, of course not enough to activate it.
Does anyone have a circuit diagram for this resin encased controller please?

kind regards, Rodders