Window Unit AC that fan and compressor turns off at set temp.

Old 06-01-08, 08:35 PM
Upvotes: 0
Received 0 Votes on 0 Posts
Window Unit AC that fan and compressor turns off at set temp.

I am trying to find another window unit that the fan and compressor shuts down when set temp is reached. All I have found , the compressor shuts down but the fan continues to run. What should I ask for when I look for the feature I am looking for. Who has the best now ? Thanks for your help. HIII *******

Last edited by GregH; 06-05-08 at 06:37 AM. Reason: Remove email address........not permitted
Sponsored Links
Old 06-04-08, 03:37 PM
Upvotes: 0
Received 0 Votes on 0 Posts
Most window units do not come with the feature you indicate. In the good old days, prior to the advent of the digital control panels, with the ol' timer switch/knob panels, I would "once in a blue moon" come across a window unit having that option. The switch that made it possible came with the label "Energy Savings ON-OFF".

So I think is safe to call this the "Energy Savings Switch".
But be prepared to see blank stares when you ask for such, since is a very uncommon feature.

Old 06-04-08, 07:31 PM
Received 22 Votes on 17 Posts
The LG window unit I bought (at Home Depot) a couple of weeks ago has an "energy saving" feature that is selectable via the remote control.
I don't know what it does and the instructions don't say what it does but the other night I had it in "dry" mode (dehumidification) and the compressor and fan would start and stop together.