Factory A/C

Old 06-02-08, 11:41 AM
H
Upvotes: 0
Received 0 Upvotes on 0 Posts
Factory A/C

Hey all,

I am new to the forums and am pretty new to A/C but always looking to learn. On to the post. I currently work in a very industrial factory. Loud noises, poor air quality, ect. I work in an office in the middle of the factory that does not receive central air. Instead, we have two window units that suck in factory air and kick it into the office. Every summer, it gets too humid for the units to keep up with the dirty factory air it takes in and the pipes in the unit literally freeze up. It looks like a frost freezer, so you have to turn the unit to fan until the unit defrosts. Plus, when it defrosts, it fills up a 5-gallon bucket with dirty water. Needless to say, not the most fun thing in the world to carry down a flight of stairs with nice clothes on. So, I was wondering, what advice, if any, anyone here could offer to help the unit stop freezing up? I placed one of those carbon filters from Menard's over the intake to see if that would help. The air flow seems to be about the same.

Thank you for ANY help.

Old 06-02-08, 11:47 AM
S
Received 0 Upvotes on 0 Posts
You will need to pull the units down and thoroughly clean them on a regular basis. Most likely the coils are plugged up right now and that condition will only worsen. If the unit is freezing up it is probably due to Poor airflow due to dirty coils, the dirt will pack deep in the coils where you cannot see it so get your self some OLD clothes and some coil cleaner and GIT UR DUN

Old 06-02-08, 01:42 PM
Received 8 Upvotes on 8 Posts
I'm with saturn on this one! Also if it is blowing in dirty air close the fresh air intake on the unit!

Old 06-02-08, 01:50 PM
Received 1 Upvote on 1 Post
Wink

Instead, we have two window units that suck in factory air and kick it into the office. Every summer, it gets too humid for the units to keep up with the dirty factory air it takes in and the pipes in the unit literally freeze up. It looks like a frost freezer,
Like said close the outside vents that is in them. If inside and out side coil is clean and the air filter is clean. Check the blower fan blades are they clean???? If blowing air is good all around.. And it looks like a frost freezer??? might check the freon in them also

Search this Thread

Ask a Question
Question Title:
Description:
Your question will be posted in: