Need help identifying my A/C unit

Old 06-07-08, 09:46 AM
Upvotes: 0
Received 0 Upvotes on 0 Posts
Need help identifying my A/C unit

Our evaporator coil went out (leaking) and I am in the midst of trying to put together a spec for a quote. The guy who found the leak in the coil area said it is a 5 ton unit. He also said our compressor/evaporator is a 3 1/2 ton unit. I need to verify the sizes here. We have an old (80's) Texas two story house with about 2,000 square feet of living area. The gas furnace is in the attic along with the evaporator coil and the furnace is a Magic Chef 75,000 btu unit. I want to change the furnace and the coil as they are together and the furnace is the original.

The evaporator coil is made by Allstyle Coil Co here in Houston. The outside unit is what is confusing me. There is no name on it but the model is: AA1CJX042000AAA and the serial number is 2995E05212.

I Googled the number and got nothing. Can anyone tell me what make this unit is and the tonnage rating.

Thanks for any help here. Also, any recommendation as to what to replace the furnace and evaporator coil with? The furnace sits horizontally in the attic and the evaporator coil is attached to the end.

Thanks,

Tony

Last edited by aja8888; 06-07-08 at 09:46 AM. Reason: Get e-mails
Old 06-07-08, 09:54 AM
that model number reflects 42,000btu which is 3 1/2 ton. I would get at least three quotes from reputable local contractors and let them suggest what will work best for your given situation. Any nice matched equipment would probably work well if a good installation is done.

Old 06-07-08, 10:04 AM
Thank you for the information. I plan on getting quotes next week for the new furnance and evaporator coil. I have no idea why a 5 ton coil is currently installed, although it is not the original.

Tony

Search this Thread

Ask a Question
Question Title:
Description:
Your question will be posted in: