Outside compressor tripping breaker

Old 06-09-08, 01:32 PM
D
Upvotes: 0
Received 0 Upvotes on 0 Posts
Outside compressor tripping breaker

I went to turn on our A/C last week for the first time since last summer, and after I turned on the inside thmstat, it immediately tripped the A/C breaker. I reset the breaker a couple times but the compressor keeps making a buzzing sound and then trips the breaker.

I did a continuity test of the two compressor fuses and they are fine (0 ohms), but I'm not sure what else to check.

Could the capacitor be bad?

I need to get this working ASPA since my wife is 8 months pregnant and I can't get a service person out for a couple of days due to the heat wave right now.

Thanks,
David

Old 06-09-08, 01:51 PM
Originally Posted by davidnabbey
I went to turn on our A/C last week for the first time since last summer, and after I turned on the inside thmstat, it immediately tripped the A/C breaker. I reset the breaker a couple times but the compressor keeps making a buzzing sound and then trips the breaker.

I did a continuity test of the two compressor fuses and they are fine (0 ohms), but I'm not sure what else to check.

Could the capacitor be bad?

I need to get this working ASPA since my wife is 8 months pregnant and I can't get a service person out for a couple of days due to the heat wave right now.

Thanks,
David

Double check your electrical connections, they may be loose.

Old 06-09-08, 02:32 PM
D
which connections?

should I check the connections at the outside fuse box or inside the compressor? From what I can tell, everything is fine.

Originally Posted by E the P
Double check your electrical connections, they may be loose.

Search this Thread

Ask a Question
Question Title:
Description:
Your question will be posted in: