Lennox Air condition

Old 06-20-08, 06:58 PM
D
Upvotes: 0
Received 0 Upvotes on 0 Posts
Unhappy Lennox Air condition

I like everyone else is experiencing problems with my outside unit. The motor is running inside the house but the fan is not running outside. I have power and I can her the part in the unit connected to the C post of the dual capacitor humming. I believe this is the hard start kit. I tried spinning the blade to see if it would continue to run which would indicate that the capacitor was bad? Is there another capacitor comp. start for the motor?
What else can I try? In addition I noticed that the black wire coming from the dual capacitor is supposed to have a S11 switch which says low pressure and kit. If there is a switch or fuse this would make more sense to me. I will check that in the morning.

Last edited by dcrobe; 06-20-08 at 07:58 PM.
Old 06-21-08, 08:23 AM
D
Angry Lennox Aircondition

I have had 28 people take a look at my tread however no one has responded. Where is the expertise in this community is everyone still asleep!

Old 06-21-08, 08:47 AM
You, like everyone else also failed to post the model and serial numbers of the unit in question. So I would imagine that most viewers are wondering what S11 could be among other things.

First thing to do is remove power from the entire system.

Then feel the top of the compressor, be careful as I expect it will be very hot.

Since you seem to be able to identify the capacitor, what does it look like? Is the top where the wires conect nice and flat or is it bulged out? Are the sides bulged out or nice and flat?

And if we knew the model and serial number we just might be able to look at the same wiring diagram you are. Not that that would HELP you any.

Old 06-22-08, 09:24 PM
D
I am sorry but suffering from heat and flooding here in St. Louis.
My Unit is a HS23-411-1p Lennox. serial number 5193a05162
The capacitor did not look buldged. It has been identified as a dual capacitor c12 on the wiring diagram Lennox 10/92.

Old 06-23-08, 07:51 AM
D
After 77 vewings only one of you had enough intelligent s to tell me a new member what information was needed in order to get results. I am deeply disappointed in the community now I have 95 viewing and no more closer to solving this problem than I was
on Saturday. I know all of the handy man stuff you all have talked about with other people. I need an expert now!

Old 06-23-08, 03:05 PM
Now that I can see what your looking at, I maybe able to help some.

At least to the point that you need a multimeter to check voltages.

S11 is an Optional low ambient cooling switch. This would cycle the outdoor fan on and off as a result of compressor discharge pressure. This would be installed if the unit were ordered for a/c conditions where the outdoor temp would be below 65 degrees. Computer rooms and such.

S3 is an Optional Compressor low temp switch. If the indoor fan stopped or the filter was clogged. This switch would stop the compressor to protct it.

S24 is an Optional Loss of charge switch. If the system pressure droped to about 7 psi, this would stop the compressor.

Are looking at a rectangular black or brown humming thing connected to C on the capacitor? That would be the contactor.

This should help you identify the different componets your looking at in the electric box.
http://tech.lennoxintl.com/PDFs/9309.pdf

Now as for this forum.

I bet this is pretty much what most people are thinking to themselves while reading your various post:

"Hmm look at this dude dcrobe, problem with little info and now he's *****ing at us.

Check that, Jarredsdad asked him to feel the top of the compressor, good idea wonder if its off on overload.

Oh, another post, still didn't feel the compressor. But at least model and serial.

Another post. Nope still hasn't felt that compressor. Just more complaining.

Must think we are indentured servents, like it's our life to sit at our computers and answer questions for free.

I'll bet people just keep looking at this to make the views numbers go up and up."

Just because you have an a/c problem does not mean someone here is automatically going to have an answer for you.

Did you ever check the temp on the compressor?

Sorry, have to go and feed my pet flies some vineger

Search this Thread

Ask a Question
Question Title:
Description:
Your question will be posted in: