A/C Not Working!! Need Help!

Old 06-30-08, 07:11 PM
I
Upvotes: 0
Received 0 Upvotes on 0 Posts
A/C Not Working!! Need Help!

I have a Goodman CPLE18-1A that is at least a few years old and it is barely blowing out any cold air. I have it on auto and it pretty much stays on 24/7 because it never reaches the temp. that I set it to. Any suggestions on things I can check myself before I have to call in a tech/pro. and pay out money I don't have?

Old 06-30-08, 07:37 PM
T
check the filter. Clean the outside coil with a water hose. If it doesn't get any better call for service.

Old 06-30-08, 09:53 PM
Is there any ice on any of the A/C lines? Is the small line warm to hot to the touch and the big insulated line cold and sweaty?

Good luck.

Old 07-01-08, 06:02 AM
M
Air Conditioning Repair

If you got close enough to read the model number then I assume you know that the outdoor fan is running the other things you can do are to make sure you have proper airflow (clean filter clean indoor coil ductwork intact and open) then clean your outdoor coil then see if you have any improvement.

Old 07-01-08, 07:09 AM
Originally Posted by i4m5up3rm4n
I have a Goodman CPLE18-1A that is at least a few years old and it is barely blowing out any cold air. I have it on auto and it pretty much stays on 24/7 because it never reaches the temp. that I set it to. Any suggestions on things I can check myself before I have to call in a tech/pro. and pay out money I don't have?
As others stated look for icing.

In case the evaporator coil is froze over, turn the unit off for overnight, then just cycle the blower on in the morning & see if the airflow is up to normal.

Do NOT run the unit when temps are below 70-F degrees without a heavy heatload on the evaporator, or it could freeze up. That can liquid slug & damage the compressor.

Unplug the furnace & check the blades on the blower wheel to see if they are filled with lint & debris, if so, the evaporator, unless it was cleaned w/o cleaning the blower wheel, it is also blocked with lint. - HVAC since MID-1970's Retired

Old 07-05-08, 02:47 PM
I
thanks

thanks for all these ideas, i will try them and let you know if it helped.

Drew

Search this Thread

Ask a Question
Question Title:
Description:
Your question will be posted in: