Amana air handler motor & ECM part #

Old 07-07-08, 03:57 PM
Amana air handler motor & ECM part #

I have a Amana A/C - furnace where the ECM and possibly motor are going bad. The m/n of the unit is GUIV070CX40 P1230203F. A few questions:

1. Short of pulling out the blower assy, is there any other place/way I can get the part # for the motor and ECM? The temp. outside is well over 100, and I would rather have the parts in hand once I bring it down.

2. Looking at the GE ECM guide, I know I have version 2.3 ECM. The parts house near me has the "GE" ECM 2.3 endbells just listed by motor size, i.e. 3/4 hp, 1/2 hp, etc. Other places on the web broken down by Amana. Trane, etc at 3 times the price. Will the "generic" GE ECM endbells work on a Amana motor?

3. The thermostat I have on the system is a single stage. From what I have learned here my system is dual stage. What benifits would I gain from a dual stage thermostat?

Sponsored Links
Old 07-08-08, 03:18 PM
1. You will need to contact your areas amana dealer, they can match a motor from your model number and serial number. Note: you may need to have an account with them for them to even look the part number up. Some will set up a Cash account for you some will not good luck with that.
2. Darned if I know refer back to 1.
3. If you are not using a humidistat you are not taking full advantage of your variable speed AH's capabilities for Humidity control, while you are speaking with the dealer maybe they can recommend a nice HW t-stat that matches up well with your unit.