Program setting for Trane TCONT803

Old 07-08-08, 08:31 PM
T
Upvotes: 0
Received 0 Upvotes on 0 Posts
Red face Program setting for Trane TCONT803

Hi I have a Trane AC system which includes the outside sensor for temp, filter unit, and humidification unit. It is an XV80. After cleaning the filter pads, I accidentally inserted one of the cartridges backwards and when I closed it up, the AC started and stopped and I noticed my Programmable thermostat was flashing and displaying the entire screen. I opened it up and noticed that cartridge was backwards and corrected it, and then the thermostat just had a EE on the display. I was thinking that something was damaged, and remembered the installer setup buttons and went into the test screen and the system seems ok, and responds with cooling when set to 1 and 1. I could not clear the EE display though, even after I went through all of the setup screens, once done was pressed EE was back. I removed the thermostat and took out the batteries and I believe I cleared all of the programming along with the EE displayed. Now I am not certain what my setting should be, even after I printed out the installer instructions. This is a heat/cool unit using forced air and I think it is a two stage heat/cool system, but I don't know for sure, Can any advice be offered to re-setup this unit? My installer and the company have not responded for two days. Thanks.

Old 07-09-08, 03:20 PM
What you have is a Honeywell VisionPro 8000 sold as a Trane thermostat.

YOu need to know what type of system you have in order to tell the stat what it is connected to.

We can't do that for you unless you provide the model and serial numbers for your components.

The stat should still have all settings in EPROM even though you removed it and the batteris.

Old 07-09-08, 07:14 PM
T
Hello, the system is a 5 ton, 15.5 trane split system with clean effects filter and humidifier. The first component is SN:7064TIVIF and is 2TTZ9060B1001, next is SN: 6371PB116, it is 7UD120R9V5K, and finally SN:6255XT97v, for TFD245ALFR00A, the last item is the clean effects filter. These numbers are off of an installer document from last year. The installer guide says the coil is a 2/4TXCD061AC3HCA. The furnace says it is a XV80. The unit outside has XL19i on the plate in front. Is this what is needed? Thanks

Old 07-10-08, 02:50 PM
Is everything cleared and ready to be reprogramed? If you are still getting the EE or other error code, let me know.

Old 07-10-08, 05:36 PM
T

Hello, Yes, the EE display is gone, I am able to fully control the system with the thermostat, but I am not sure what I need to set. I have been getting cooling, but I notice that the cooling will go beyond what I think I have the system set to. IE: set to cool to 78 and I look at the current temp and it is 76. It is interesting that I did not find any information about the EE code, on the internet or in the documents which I downloaded. Must be a trade secret.

When I first got into the setup, I did change some of the settings, because I had the installer instructions, and all the codes. I first did not have Auto and Auto in both positons on the left, and I did something correct to cause this to be displayed. I knew I was on the right track to getting it going. Some of the codes which mention a recommended default, I believe I left as is. I do know that I set it up as a two stage heat and two stage cool, but again, this could be an error .

Any guidance you can offer will be appreicated, it is all probably very simple, but there are so many settings it makes it more complicated. I am in the desert of West Texas, it is very dry here, with very hot summers, and rain during the rainy periods (which is now).

Old 07-10-08, 06:15 PM
Ok, here are the settings I'd suggest for your set up.

170-8
180-0
220-3
230-3
240-3
250-3
380-1

Old 08-12-08, 08:23 PM
T
Follow Up

Thanks for your help. I have been watching this system for a more than a few weeks now, and I noticed with the 2 heat/2 cool settings, it would over run the temperature by as much as 3 degrees and be running when I usually would schedule a near shut down of the cooling (At night, or when at work). It would seem to have a mind of its own. Tonight, I changed the setting to 1 cool, 2 heat, and dehumidification off. Normally in the desert, it is very dry anyway, but this rainy season has continued July and now half of August (Kinda of unusual). I really like the cooling on 2 stages, but am concerned the system runs when I am away, or when I don't want it. With overruns on temperature, or not following program set backs, is it possible the Thermostat is defective, or damaged? Is this a sign of conflicting programming? Any suggestions on what might be wrong with the set back programming? Thanks again.

Old 08-13-08, 05:55 PM
Originally Posted by TXTraneuser
it would over run the temperature by as much as 3 degrees and be running when I usually would schedule a near shut down of the cooling (At night, or when at work). It would seem to have a mind of its own.
This is just in cooling, right?

What may be happening is that that stat is "over cooling" up to 3˚ to dehumidify the house. What is the humidity set point do you have it at?

Tonight, I changed the setting to 1 cool, 2 heat, and dehumidification off.
Put it back to 2 stage cool, and leave the dehumid off.

What are your temp settings do you set it at?

Old 08-16-08, 06:39 AM
T
Follow Up

Thanks Jay, The system has just been running with the cooling so far, this could also be an issue during heating. It seems the temp is always reflecting 78 which is comfortable. The lowest dehumid setting on this system is 40. I have set it high and then lower to see what happens, but it seems the system keeps running. For example, I have it programmed to set to a temp over 80 at night at 10 PM. I will routinely find it trying to maintan a temp of 78 at night, and if I manually set the temp to over 80 it will respond and stay off, if I don't need it or want it to run. I am thinking I am saving energy. It seems to ignore the setback program. I have decided that I don't want the house as cool during the day when I am at work, so I programmed a temp over 80 for that time, but I believe now, it is running to cool to 78 instead. I made the setting change to see what will happen and let you know. Thanks again.

Last edited by TXTraneuser; 08-16-08 at 06:41 AM. Reason: typos
Old 08-22-08, 10:52 AM
T
Follow Up

Hello I have noticed that on the display, when a setback is schedule, in the past, the temp of the setback was displayed at the time designated. Now, it seems to stay at 78, and does not display the setback temp setting. If I manually reset the temp it will display, and hold this setting until the schedule comes into play again. Maybe the setback programming is incorrect? What does the extreme high and low temp setting play into this, or is there no influence? Thanks

Old 08-22-08, 01:43 PM
Maybe the setback programming is incorrect?
It could be. but review it anyway and see what you have.

On the screen does it say "Permament Hold" or "Following schdule"?

What does the extreme high and low temp setting play into this, or is there no influence?
I am not sure what you mean by this??

Old 08-22-08, 02:17 PM
T
Another Followup

Right now, since setback controls do not seem to be working, the temp is set higher by pressing the up arrow until the temp shows 80. This is just an arbritrary higher setting to save some energy, while at work. This causes the panel to display "Hold Temp until 5:00 PM". The Temp at 5:00, then changes to 78, cooling things down. I think at 5 it changes to show following schedule. The problem might be the evening setback is not set correctly. It does not seem to set to a higher temp. Thanks

Old 08-22-08, 02:22 PM
I never use program on A/C mode, the A/C don't recover like a furnace can. I tried this, and I never saw any savings.

What are your temp settings and time of these settings?

example,

8am. 80˚

5pm, 76˚..

ect..

Old 08-25-08, 06:49 PM
T
Another

Hello, I have observed and recorded the programming of this thermostat and have discovered at night at about 9:30 there is a setback from 78 to 80 and the termostat reads, following schedule recovery. The temp never displays 80 in the display and it continues to be at 78. I believe the recovery announcement must indicate a conflict somewhere in the program which prevents the system from observing the desired setback temp. The same happens at 6:15 when there is another set back from 78 to 80. I was questioning the setting of Max High and Max low temp which is setting 600 and 610. I an not sure what role this plays. Got any ideas on where to remove conflicting settings in the programming? Thanks.

Old 08-25-08, 07:49 PM
9:30 there is a setback from 78 to 80 and the termostat reads, following schedule recovery.
The same happens at 6:15 when there is another set back from 78 to 80.
What time do you have it go to 78˚?

Please break down like I got for mine (I'm doing heat since I don't use program for cooling)

10pm-60˚
6am- 68˚
8am- 55˚
5pm- 68˚

I was questioning the setting of Max High and Max low temp which is setting 600 and 610. I an not sure what role this plays.
600 is the Warmest setting a person can set the temp setting for heat.

610 is the lowest temp setting a person can set for cooling.

Example on mine I have 600 set to 70˚, so if someone comes up to my t-stat and thinks' its too cold in here, the can't set my temp any higher than 70˚. On 610, I have it set to 72˚, so if someone wants the house colder, they won't be able to get any colder than 72˚

Got any ideas on where to remove conflicting settings in the programming? Thanks.
Please see 1st post above on what you have temp/time settings.

Old 08-27-08, 08:13 PM
T
follow up

M-F Sat and Sun same
5:45 AM temp 78
6:15 AM 82 This stays at 78 also, like below, but I have not seen display.
5:00 PM 78
9:30 PM 80 This one fails to reflect 80 in display and stays at78 this is when it says following schedule recovery

The system is set to AUTO

Thanks I will verify the 6:15 AM reading tomorrow.

Old 08-27-08, 08:24 PM
Humm.. Nothing seem out of range, if this is a new install, i'd call the dealer... You may have a faulty t-stat, and is acting up on you.

Old 09-06-08, 05:14 AM
T
Red face Just to Update Again

Hello, I just wanted to let you know what finally happened on this. Since the display said following schedule recovery, I turned off the adaptive recovery setting. Now the system follows all of my program schedules and setbacks without problems. It now seems to work as it used to. Since this was turned off, what am I missing? Is it possible that this feature is not actually available on my system? In another week, after the system has worked properly, I am going to try the recovery setting again, to see if it has learned what to do, or if the setting causes it to fail to follow my programming. I was thinking the system takes a period to learn and adapt to the environment. After it has done this, perhaps it would work properly. I suspect this is an important feature, and it is still possible, this part of the device or programming is not functioning as it should. Thanks.

Old 09-06-08, 05:39 AM
With it all working just fine, I'd say you may have a defective t-stat, and as I said before, I'd call the dealer to get them to replace the stat under warranty. Come to think of it, I've heard this happen to some one else, the furnace would start 5 hours early when it really was not needed to do so at that time, the stat was replaced, and all was good.

Could you live with out the adaptive recovery? Yes. However, you may use more energy with out it.

Example, You want your house at 76˚ at 5 pm. You reprogram the stat to drop the temp at say 3:30 to get the system going to start cooling your house so that way when you get home at 5, the house is at temp. And one day, it is mild out where it may only take the A/C half hour to get to temp, now your a/c is running an hour earlier than it should and cycle on and off at that time.

With the adaptive recovery, that will re adjust the start time as needed with the outdoor weather conditions.

I used to have a cheap programable t-stat with out it, and now I have it, I wouldn't go back to one with out it.

Why? I don't want to be changing my time setting for my furnace to start earlier to recover from my night's set back of 60˚ as the weather changes. I want the stat to do that.

Search this Thread

Ask a Question
Question Title:
Description:
Your question will be posted in: