Mini-split not shutting off

Old 07-16-08, 07:05 AM
J
Upvotes: 0
Received 0 Upvotes on 0 Posts
Mini-split not shutting off

Hello all,
I have recently installed an LG Art Cool 1 1/2 ton heat pump mini-split. It has run very well for about a month now. Yesterday we woke up to 66 degree temps in the room when the unit was set on 78.
I shut the system down for a while and restarted it but it still does the same thing, the interior unit and outside condensor both run continuously.
I have worked in mechanical/plumbing/electric trades all my life. Not much experience with A/C though. I did most of the installation myself only hiring a licensed guy to hook up the line set and check the charge.
Am i missing something simple? There is a reset button on the remote, I pressed this. I've let it stay shut off for hours and restarted it. I've replaced the batteries in the remote.
Here are some questions:
Does anyone know where the thermostat is located on this unit?
Will LG provide me with a wiring diagram or repair manual?
When I have called them before (during installation) their tech service was pretty lame. They don't seem set up to help installers. The owners and install manuals are a joke, the troubleshooting section says, If unit doesn't function: plug it in. Seriously...
I will call them again today but I don't expect much. There is no certified LG tech in my area. Not sure how they will deal with a warranty situation like this. I just want to make sure I haven't done anything wrong before making a big stink.
Thanks in advance

Jonathan

Old 07-16-08, 09:53 PM
S
Banned. Rule And/Or Policy Violation
Upvotes: 0
Received 0 Upvotes on 0 Posts
Did you wire it correctly? Power to the indoor unit FROM the outdoor unit? It's also probably inverter driven. So, it will speed up/down depending on the load. It will run most of the time as long as there is about a 10-15% load.

It will not have a real thermostat. It will work off a return air sensor and modulate up/down to maintain the temperature input from the remote.

What size is the unit? How big is the room? What climate/state?

Search this Thread

Ask a Question
Question Title:
Description:
Your question will be posted in: