Tempstar Villager Series - any info?

Old 07-24-08, 01:50 AM
M
Upvotes: 0
Received 0 Upvotes on 0 Posts
Tempstar Villager Series - any info?

The unit outside started making some noise tonight and now the blades are not turning when we turn the AC on. 1600sq ft, one story home in Las Vegas, NV. What should a new unit cost us should we need one? Perhaps I should call Tempstar to ask about this unit in order to find a comparable one..

Old 07-24-08, 05:11 AM
Why would you condemn a unit without having it checked first by a competent tech?

How much would a new one cost you?
All bets are off there, figure from as low a $2.5K dollars (if you're lucky) to twice as much or more, depending on many factors and what else the contractor considers that should be replaced.

Old 07-24-08, 08:49 AM
M
Just got off the phone with a friend and he said it's probably the condenser motor that has gone bad and that's what's causing the fan outside in the unit not to turn anymore...

Old 07-24-08, 05:01 PM
E
Banned. Rule And/Or Policy Violation
Received 1 Upvote on 1 Post
Mike,

Is that friend you talked to handy? To run down the cause should be easy. If the compressor runs fine, but just the fan does not, you could have some bad connection or bad capacitor or bad motor windings or it's bearing. All these can be fixed or changed out by a handy mechanically inclined person who knows how to diagnose and work with electric.

Pflor got me thinking about the lady who got rid of her caddy because it would not start, and also my now deceased neighbor who got a mint condition riding mower for a song because that battery was dead, also! What are some peiople thinking of, I wonder?

Old 07-24-08, 05:08 PM
M
Problem solved. It was the motor that turns the fan. Covered under the warranty so we just had to pay $55 for the service call. He popped the new motor in and we're cool again

Search this Thread

Ask a Question
Question Title:
Description:
Your question will be posted in: