Magnetic cover over the filter?

Old 07-25-08, 12:00 PM
Thread Starter
Join Date: Aug 2006
Posts: 5
Upvotes: 0
Received 0 Upvotes on 0 Posts
Magnetic cover over the filter?

I have a York central A/C. Outdoor unit model: E1RC036S06C. Indoor model: G1UA036S17.

The indoor unit has a 25x20x1 filter which we replaced every couple months.

To replace the filter, I have to remove the cover on the slot first. It's a piece of plastic (or rubber?) in black, with magnetic. After 10 years of use, it starts wearing out.

What's the official term for that piece of rubber? Is it easy to buy?

I know, I could have use some duct tape to cover the door. But I was curious if it's very difficult to find.

Thank you very much!

Last edited by helloguys; 07-25-08 at 02:04 PM.
Old 07-26-08, 09:48 AM
The Real Deal's Avatar
Join Date: May 2008
Location: Texas
Posts: 146
Upvotes: 0
Received 0 Upvotes on 0 Posts
Door jam insulation

At home depot - buy 3/8 door jam black strip insulation with sticky/glue on one side. It will work as well as the origonal insulation if not better. Use a screw gun with 1/4 self tapping sheet metal screws to afix the door/cover back.

Make sure the screws are as short as possible so as not to penetrate anything but the door and chassie of the airhandler/furnace.

Thread Tools
Search this Thread
Ask a Question
Question Title:
Your question will be posted in: