System won't turn off with thermosatat temp adjustment ( Goodman system)

Old 07-28-08, 05:03 AM
R
Upvotes: 0
Received 0 Upvotes on 0 Posts
System won't turn off with thermosatat temp adjustment ( Goodman system)

Furnace is a Goodman GMP-075-3 1998
A/C condensing unit is a Goodamn 2 ton 10 SEER unit 1998

It is now the middle of a hot summer . The system is cooling fine but a problem has developed where the A/C and fan stays on regardless of the thermostat setting . I can only tun it off by placing the switch thermostat in the off position (between heat and cool ) . I suspect that is probably a bad control board or thermostat . How do i diagnosis this further (and repair) ? - Thanks

Old 07-28-08, 10:35 AM
R
Upvotes: 0
Received 0 Upvotes on 0 Posts
Edit -

Someone on another forums suggested to me that if is still runs when the green thermostat wire is removed then the control board is bad . ( which is the case ) .

I plan to order and change out the board with an aftermarket replacement type board which fits several models of Goodman furnaces ( ICM280 about $75 ) . Anyone familar with these .

Originally Posted by rkpatt
Furnace is a Goodman GMP-075-3 1998
A/C condensing unit is a Goodman 2 ton 10 SEER unit 1998

It is now the middle of a hot summer . The system is cooling fine but a problem has developed where the A/C and fan stays on regardless of the thermostat setting . I can only tun it off by placing the switch thermostat in the off position (between heat and cool ) . I suspect that is probably a bad control board or thermostat . How do i diagnose this further (and repair) ? - Thanks

Search this Thread

Ask a Question
Question Title:
Description:
Your question will be posted in: