Central AC isn't cooling the house

Old 07-29-08, 04:41 AM
S
Upvotes: 0
Received 0 Upvotes on 0 Posts
Central AC isn't cooling the house

Saturday my AC was running great. Sunday the air coming out was hot. In the evenings the AC works good again and the house feels great but when day rolls around again the air gets hot.

I tried cleaning the coils. There are no obstructions and I can't see any leaks.

I haven't had this problem before and it started quite suddenly any suggestions?

PS Noticed one of my neighbors was having to service their AC unit on Sunday as well and I don't know if it's a coincidence. Temps have been in the very high 90's to low
100's.

Old 07-29-08, 12:31 PM
F
Did a return duct fall off in the attic?

Old 07-29-08, 12:43 PM
H
Is it an older unit ? Sounds like the compressor or condensing fan motor is overheating and kicking out the unit.

Old 07-29-08, 04:09 PM
E
Banned. Rule And/Or Policy Violation
Received 1 Upvote on 1 Post
Is the outside fan, the outside compressor, and the indoor blower running all at the same time, as they should, without stopping?, and yet will not cool?

Or, as stated is one of those outside units shutting off on you, even while there is still a call for cooling by the thermostat?

And by chance if everything is running, at least for a while, can you hurry and try to take the temperature of the air coming out a register, and also say what the temperature is inside the house at the same time?

Search this Thread

Ask a Question
Question Title:
Description:
Your question will be posted in: