The blower wont turn on

Old 08-03-08, 09:23 AM
Received 0 Votes on 0 Posts
The blower wont turn on

We have a tempstar furnace which we had serviced a few weeks ago. Last week we turned on the ac at the thermostat and nothing will respond blower nor the ac fan. When I turn on the fan only it still wont come on. Any suggestions?

Sponsored Links
Old 08-03-08, 10:46 AM
could be a burned fuse or transformer if neither respond. When you try heat, does the burner light?..guessing it doesn't. Check your 24 volt wiring at the a/c to see if maybe a weed whacker got it and it shorted there.

Old 08-05-08, 01:27 PM
I have checked the fuse in ;the main box and on the furnace. Neither has blown. The airconditioner outside is on a cement pad without grass around it. Is there a was to find out if it is the 24 volt?

Old 08-05-08, 06:03 PM
Banned. Rule And/Or Policy Violation
Did you check the little 3 amp fuse, if you have one, on a control board *in* the furnace?

You can test the 24 volts with a voltmeter either out in that outdoor unit, or indoors, if you trace those wires back (probably electrical taped aound the big copper line that goes between outdoor unit and furnace, or stapled nearby), into your funace, and see where they connect, and testing across the two terminals wil give you the 24 volt reading, as should the outgoing wires on the transformer if you check across those.

Old 08-08-08, 11:25 AM
Thanks I will and let you know what I find

Old 08-08-08, 12:17 PM
Originally Posted by cachevalley View Post
I have checked the fuse in ;the main box and on the furnace. Neither has blown. The airconditioner outside is on a cement pad without grass around it. Is there a was to find out if it is the 24 volt?
Did you actually check a fuse or do you have a breaker box. There should be a breaker in the main panel and either a breaker, fuse, or disconnect box at the furnace. Also there should be a breaker box or buss fuse disconnect at the outdoor unit. If you have fuse blocks be sure they are in right-side-up.