7, 5-1-1 or 5-2 day programming difference?

Old 08-05-08, 03:53 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Like the tile says, whats the difference between the 3 choices for digital programming thermostats?

Old 08-05-08, 04:59 PM

It all depends on your schedule.

If you are retired, every day is the same, so you set them all alike. If you work and have a very simple schedule, a 5-1-1 or 5-2 is OK. With any thermostat, you can always over-ride and do what you want.

You get what you pay for, but the difference is not much.

Dick

Old 08-05-08, 05:17 PM
Originally Posted by Concretemasonry View Post
It all depends on your schedule.

If you are retired, every day is the same, so you set them all alike. If you work and have a very simple schedule, a 5-1-1 or 5-2 is OK. With any thermostat, you can always over-ride and do what you want.

You get what you pay for, but the difference is not much.

Dick
Okay that makes alot of sense, thanks for your quick reply.

Old 08-05-08, 05:52 PM
E
Banned. Rule And/Or Policy Violation
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Thanks for bringing this up. When I was green on the subject, I never noticed the 7 day stat on the hanger next to it - and when I saw the 5-1-1, I THOUGHT it meant every 5 days of the week you could program it different, and then you could program it different on Saturday, and then different on Sunday. Turns out it is only the the 7 stat that you can set it different every single day. With the 5-1-1, every weekday setting has to be the same

I am presuming now that the 5-2 means, according to the other two stat types, that you can set it for one setting for the weekdays, where all week day settings have to be the same, and one setting for the weekend, where Saturday and Sunday have to be the same.

Search this Thread

Ask a Question
Question Title:
Description:
Your question will be posted in: