Is My New Coil Working Properly...?

Old 08-22-08, 01:01 PM
S
Upvotes: 0
Received 0 Upvotes on 0 Posts
Is My New Coil Working Properly...?

Can anyone help? Back in May I had a new american standard coil put in for a 4 ton unit...despite this new coil my a/c is still not cooling like it should. I was having a hard start problem with my compressor so I had another ac tech look at my a/c unit. This different tech said the hard start problem is caused because both a/c lines are not equalizing after the compressor shuts off...he said this could be due to the txv being bad or some sort of restriction in the coil. He also told me that this could be the problem with my a/c not cooling like it should. So I contacted the original a/c co that put in the new coil and I told them what this other a/c guy told me...the original a/c tech said that's how there making these new american standard coils...that both line pressures don't equalize after the compressor turns off. Can anyone give me any insight into this...any help would be greatly appreciated.

Old 08-22-08, 01:20 PM
T
Received 0 Upvotes on 0 Posts
New coil with older a/c?...new coil has txv and old one didn't? Might need a start cap and relay added to the outdoor unit because the old coil didn't require one. The all in one hard start kits may solve it, but the tech should have at least checked it out a little closer, IMO.

Old 08-22-08, 07:24 PM
C
Received 7 Upvotes on 7 Posts
I don't understand why the pressures don't equalize after the system turned off. You may want to double check on this. this one against the physics..

Search this Thread

Ask a Question
Question Title:
Description:
Your question will be posted in: