ac fan surging then stopping

Old 09-02-08, 05:50 PM
H
Upvotes: 0
Received 0 Upvotes on 0 Posts
ac fan surging then stopping

I have a fan problem.. the outide unit is working fine but the blower was kicking on and off inside now its just off. I can turn the switch from auto to on and nothing happens. I have even tryed to free spin the fan with switch in on position nothing. when i 1st noticed it i shut it off at ( therm) for a few min.s then cut it back on it ran fine for about 10 mins then starting kicking on and off. I cut off again for a few then back on and now nothing the outside unit comes on but o air flowing in house.

Old 09-02-08, 08:33 PM
H
well taked with ac buddy and checked capacitor and thats fine. have put therm. back to run and fan is on to see if motor is over heating and causing the prob. will get back with answer.

Old 09-03-08, 09:08 AM
M
Air Conditioning Repair

If your fan is stopping with a good capacitor and you don't have any undo load added to it you have a motor going bad you may be able to clean it and lubricate to get it running but most likely you need a new one

Old 09-03-08, 11:36 AM
C
Received 5 Upvotes on 5 Posts
Sounds like either fan motor or fan control board has problem. Do not run outside unit alone. use 'fan on' setting to test and fix your inside fan.

Search this Thread

Ask a Question
Question Title:
Description:
Your question will be posted in: