Wall unit - dripping

Old 09-15-08, 09:52 AM
C
Upvotes: 0
Received 0 Upvotes on 0 Posts
Wall unit - dripping

There is a wall unit AC in my dining room. In the last week or so I noticed that there is water dripping down the wall and when the unit is turned off water starts dripping onto the floor. I do not know how long it has been doing this as the unit is on an energy saver mood and typically runs during the day when no one is home. I do not know what maint. was done by the previous owners as we have only been in the house since Feb. What could be causing the leaks?? And how do I stop it, I'm worried that if it's been dripping for awhile it could be damaging the drywall. Please help

Old 09-15-08, 01:15 PM
S
by wall unit you mean a window unit in the wall...right.could be as simple as sliding it out,and clearing the opening that allows the condensate run out to the condenser fan section and drip out side.if it is in the wall should be level or tilted from the original install.ussually that is a styrafoam condensate pan under the evap coil inside and the water just is run off thru a tube just under the condenser motor area whic is all outside and drops out the hole provided.

Old 09-15-08, 07:09 PM
M
Air Conditioning Problems

The water being removed from your dining room air is supposed to runn down the indoor coil into a pan and through a tube that either runs outside and drains or into another pan where it is supposed to evaporate.
The best way to cure your problem is to clean the unit as close to new condition as you can.
Get some help and pull the unit out of the wall take it out in the yard and spray all the coil surfaces and any pans with a mild detergent then rinse thoroughly. It will become apparent to you where the problems are. Allow the unit to dry completely then put it back and I am sure your problem will go away,

Search this Thread

Ask a Question
Question Title:
Description:
Your question will be posted in: