A/C is not blowing enough air

Old 09-17-08, 10:01 AM
A
Upvotes: 0
Received 0 Upvotes on 0 Posts
Red face A/C is not blowing enough air

Gradually my A/C has been blowing out less air. Yesterday after I got home from work the house was very hot. I had it on auto for 80 degrees but it will not get cooler then 88 degrees. I went to go see if the temperature moved at all and I notice the batteries needed to be changed, after I changed them it started blowing out a little bit more but not enough to cool that house. It is blowing out cool air but the it turns off and on by it self and does not move from 88 degrees. Any advice? Thank You

Old 09-17-08, 10:42 AM
Super Moderator
Received 7 Upvotes on 7 Posts
Not a Pro, but....

Batteries? In the thermostat? That won't make any difference to the amount of air blowing out your vents when the fan is running. It might affect whether it blows at all, but not how much (volume or air speed)

Have you checked the filters? I'm sure theres a lot of other things it could be, but badly clogged filters or coils could cause the reduced airflow, which can cause the unit to kick off before the actual set temp is reached.

Simple things first.

Old 09-17-08, 12:39 PM
M
Upvotes: 0
Received 0 Upvotes on 0 Posts
Air Conditioning help

I agree check filters first and look at the piping on your outdoor unit as it exits the building and see if you notice any ice if so shut the ac off and turn the fan on for 3 hours, replace the filter and restart.

Search this Thread

Ask a Question
Question Title:
Description:
Your question will be posted in: