Indoor unit leaking water into the drip pan

Old 10-12-08, 04:51 PM
J
Upvotes: 0
Received 0 Upvotes on 0 Posts
Indoor unit leaking water into the drip pan

We have an inside/outside ac system. My indoor unit is unstairs, and dripping water into the drip pan. It isn't filling up the drip pan, but it has been leaking water into it for about a week now. The water then runs outside. Our AC did freeze up about 2 weeks ago, and then it seems liked a couple days after this dripping started. Is this normal for an indoor unit, or does it need a fix? I would hate to call someone out just for them to tell me its nothing.

Thanks,
Jason

Old 10-12-08, 05:03 PM
Received 8 Upvotes on 8 Posts
Yes time to call! Drain is stopped up or needs to be charged again.

Old 10-12-08, 05:09 PM
J
So there is nothing I would be able to do about it?

Old 10-12-08, 05:12 PM
C
Received 7 Upvotes on 7 Posts
No, it is not normal. your primary drain is clogged, therefore the water drips into your secondary pan. You need to call a tech to blow your primary drain open. Another words, you should not see water anywhere up there.

Old 10-12-08, 06:14 PM
S
when the unit iced up it started in the supply fan section inside....and ran to the outside on the insulated suction line.if your getting dripping from the access panels away from the drain lines it is the ice that fell of the coil when it was defrosting.to verify this shut the air handler off and pop the fan access panel see if the insulation is wet do a visual on the condensate pan,and blow out the line from inside the panel while you're in there

Old 10-12-08, 06:41 PM
M
water water everywhere

The auxiliary pan is for emergencies like this to tell you there is a problem without causing damage in the house. First you need to clear the drain and clean the pan if you can, then replace your filter. Then let the unit run for a time to see if you experience a freeze up if you do call for help, if not it's all good.

Search this Thread

Ask a Question
Question Title:
Description:
Your question will be posted in: