A/C Definite Purpose Controller

Old 10-21-08, 12:52 PM
F
Upvotes: 0
Received 0 Upvotes on 0 Posts
A/C Definite Purpose Controller

The contacts on my controller fused together as you can see in the first pic.

I was given a Furnas Controller as a replacement as the part place did not carry RUUD parts. It is a 2 pole switch like the one on the unit.

Can someone tell me how to swap the wires between the two. If you look at the first pic, you will see some yellow arrows. They point to the L1, L3 and T1, T3 corners.

On the new one there are L1, L2 and T1, T2 corners.

On the power coming in, do I put the white on the L1 and the black on the L2 on the new one?

Also on the small wires on the left side, do I also put them according to the T1, T3, or the T2 on the new one?

What about the two wires coming in on the bottom of pic one? On the new one, I have a connector on both sides.

Old 10-21-08, 05:30 PM
S
what was cooked was a single pole contactor,and now your new one is a 2 pole contactor.the top mounted/right pictured is the power L into the condenser.the left side show is the T side into the comp/fan.the low voltage wires on the same side of the old one now go to each side of the new contactor.....those tie down lugs on the old one,you might want to put them onto the new L side there to lock down that stranded line wires coming in.the new contactor breaks 100% line power into the comp and fan when it cycles off..everything else is slip stake-ons after the line is tied in.

Old 10-21-08, 06:24 PM
F
Thanks for the reply. A buddy who I work with at the FD came over and hooked it up for me.

Just another little problem taken care of since Ike hit us head on.

Got the fence back up also, and now will work on getting the new roof on and replacing the broken skylights.

Of course once I went into Galveston the following Monday after Ike and seeing their damage, I knew I really had nothing to complain about.

Search this Thread

Ask a Question
Question Title:
Description:
Your question will be posted in: