thermostat wiring

Old 12-06-08, 10:54 PM
W
Upvotes: 0
Received 0 Upvotes on 0 Posts
thermostat wiring

Can someone please help me in wiring up my new thermostat.
I have tried every thing to get each one working.I finally got the heat to work but had no control over temp.would run untill i manually cut it off.the thermostat i had was a 5 wire hook up with a jumper.the new thermostat is a 6 wire hook up & instructions say i don't need a jumper.
The 5 wires i have are yellow,green,white,blue,red
These are the wire codes on thermostat
Y1,WB,Y/O,RH,RC,G
This is for a split unit-- air out side house & heat under house.
This is central heating & air & heating with natural gas.every thing was working fine untill i changed the thermostat out.didn't write down how wires were connected to old thermostat.
Any help would be appreciated. Thanks--Mccoy Wheeler

Old 12-07-08, 03:51 AM
S
template of new tstat should tell you where to connect each wire and instructions carefully.

Old 12-07-08, 07:14 AM
go to the air handler end and pull the service panel and note what terminals have what color wire hooked to it and report back. Actually there may be no need to report back as you will know where the wires need to be hooked up then but report back ANYWAY

Old 12-09-08, 04:27 PM
W
wires to air cond.

2 of these 5 wires are going to the air cond.
Black wire & white wire
thanks for your help

Old 12-09-08, 06:09 PM
As FM said, you need to look at the furnace to see what color of wire is going to what letters.

You are going to need the jumper if the A/C is wired to the furnace.

SOUnds like you need to wire up

R
W
Y
G
C

Old 12-10-08, 05:55 PM
C
need help wiring fan motor

I have a Night & Day brand central gas heating unit that I have installed a new fan motor, capacitor,and fan relay in. The problem is that in the process some wires were not marked and now the only way to get the motor to come on when the t-stat is set for the blower on/off is to jump 24 volt from transformer directly to relay. When I put one leg of 24v in series with thermal fuse,t-sta & gas valve the motor will not come on. The T-stat is good because I get 24 v when tested through it.I know it has to be something I did because it was working only loud because motor was going out. Help

Old 12-11-08, 03:48 AM
I
Old 12-11-08, 04:10 PM
H
Received 1 Upvote on 1 Post
stat wiring

most of these are common but that stat sounds like a strange markings. That sounds like a heat pump stat. Return it and get one thats strictly heat and AC. Stick with a honeywell.
Normally yellow goes to Y, green goes to G, white goes to W, red goes to R, and c or B to the return side of the transformer which could be your blue wire. go to the furnace this is where the other end of the thermostat wire goes and see what the 5 leads are wire to. The yellow will go to the outdoor unit and a retun side of the transformer (maybe along with this blue wire).

Old 12-13-08, 09:55 PM
M
heat pump help

Yes this a HP stat and does not work with your unit you need to take it back and get one that is either convertible or made for gas heat.

Search this Thread

Ask a Question
Question Title:
Description:
Your question will be posted in: