A/C compressor & fan start is delayed

Old 12-14-08, 11:46 AM
C
Upvotes: 0
Received 0 Upvotes on 0 Posts
Unhappy A/C compressor & fan start is delayed

Hey Folks,
First, thank you VERY much for taking the time to help us weekend warriors. Here's my situation. I have a Trane 1200XL heat pump and every 20th or 30th time the furnace kicks on, the compressor and condensor fan don't start but I hear a hum from the condensor unit. The furnace blower does come on and blows cold air. Anywhere from 30 seconds to 90 seconds later, on comes the condensor fan and the compressor and everything is OK. My first thought was to replace the contact switch in the condensor unit due to the contacts looking rough but that did not fix it. Does any one know what may cause the compressor/fan not to start immediately when the thermostat energizes the unit? I have an LED on the circuit board and that has a constant flash, about 1 second apart and it does this forever - no set number- just a constant flash that never ends. Thanks again for all you do!!!!

Old 12-22-08, 01:19 PM
K
kellwen3@aol.com

i have a central heating and ait unit when my air or heat gos off the fan stays on . please help

Old 12-28-08, 06:41 PM
R
The "hum" you hear is the reversing valve and not the contactor. It sounds like the delay is in the tstat and not the defrost board (the flashing led outside). I would check low voltage reading with demand for y1.

Search this Thread

Ask a Question
Question Title:
Description:
Your question will be posted in: