Central H/A - warm in living room but not in back rooms

Old 12-25-08, 04:30 PM
B
Upvotes: 0
Received 0 Upvotes on 0 Posts
Central H/A - warm in living room but not in back rooms

First thing - Merry Christmas everyone!

I have propane system with my central H/A system. The living room and kitchen stays warm but the back rooms are almost always much cooler. The house is about 2200 sqft and is newly constructed. Could one of the ducts be blocked ? When the heater kicks in, I can feel heated air coming out of the vent in the back room, but its very faint.

suggestions ?

Old 12-25-08, 07:09 PM
Received 8 Upvotes on 8 Posts
New home = bad design of duct almost 100% of the time. Call the builder back and ask him to fix it. His HVAC guy should have a heat load on the home and will know how much air needs to go to this room to heat and cool it.

Old 12-25-08, 07:31 PM
B
Received 47 Upvotes on 43 Posts
Happy Holidays back to you,
If the builder and HVAC guys are not available or not stepping forward, can you post some pictures of the ductwork.

Basement, crawlspace, ranch, one zone, number and location of returns?

You are in cold country, but how cold?

Bud

Old 12-25-08, 09:33 PM
M
Received 0 Upvotes on 0 Posts
Uneven Temps

You may be able to help your situation by seeing if there are dampers in your branch lines and adjusting them to force more air into the rooms that need it, also it is possible that the installers never opened them fully when they installed them. If no dampers then the system was probably not properly designed (ducts not properly sized according to room size and orientation or thermostat and or return in the wrong location).

Search this Thread

Ask a Question
Question Title:
Description:
Your question will be posted in: