reem hvac exterior unit

Old 12-28-08, 11:18 AM
E
Upvotes: 0
Received 0 Upvotes on 0 Posts
reem hvac exterior unit

The fan on my Reem heat pump cut the purple and yellow wires and I dont know which wire connects with which. On the fan motor it reads 'Rotation Instructions' then one column reads 'CW, shaft end - purple to purple, yellow to yellow'; and a second column reads 'CCW, shaft end - purple to yellow, yellow to purple'
I figure it's clockwise or counter cw for the fan rotation, but how do I figure out which way it spins for the correct wire connections? If ccw, which purple goes to which yellow?

Old 12-28-08, 02:21 PM
D
Originally Posted by ehickman
The fan on my Reem heat pump cut the purple and yellow wires and I dont know which wire connects with which. On the fan motor it reads 'Rotation Instructions' then one column reads 'CW, shaft end - purple to purple, yellow to yellow'; and a second column reads 'CCW, shaft end - purple to yellow, yellow to purple'
I figure it's clockwise or counter cw for the fan rotation, but how do I figure out which way it spins for the correct wire connections? If ccw, which purple goes to which yellow?
I assume the air blows out of the top of the unit. If you look at the blades, they are angled to form a scoop. The fan will rotate in the direction from the high side to the low side of the scoop.

Can't help you with the wires.

Delta

Old 12-28-08, 07:15 PM
E
The fan does turn counter clockwise so I'll need to connect the purple to yellow, yellow to purple wires. How do I figure out which purple to connect to which yellow?

Search this Thread

Ask a Question
Question Title:
Description:
Your question will be posted in: