Looking for some AC advice

Old 03-07-09, 10:18 PM
T
Received 0 Votes on 0 Posts
Looking for some AC advice

So here's the deal, about 6 months ago I replaced the blower motor on my home AC. Since that time, it's been working like a champ, however today was the first 80+ degree day in some time and when I turn on the AC unit, the unit itself runs but absolutely NO air is coming out of the vents. My first thought was that my new blower motor was out again, however after switching the unit over to Heat, the hot air was blowing out like my boss at a board meeting. Switching the unit back to cold again, the air stops.
I'll admit, I'm no HVAC guy, so this one has me baffled. Any thoughts on why I get absolutely NO air flow when the unit is on Cool? Take care!

Old 03-08-09, 01:55 AM
F
Received 1 Vote on 1 Post
do you get no cold air or no air at all like you turned the unit off. is the outside unit running. it sounds like the T-stat is the problem.

Old 03-08-09, 02:02 PM
D
make sure you have the cooling speed wire hooked up. most units will use hi speed for cooling and low for heat.

Old 03-09-09, 07:37 AM
As said make sure the cooling speed is hooked up to the blower.

Does the blower run when you turn the fan switch on at the t-stat to "ON"?

If, no, and the cooling tap is hooked up to the motor, at the board make sure there T-stat's G wire is hooked up to G on the board.

Search this Thread

Ask a Question
Question Title:
Description:
Your question will be posted in: