lokring krimper

Old 03-19-09, 09:47 PM
H
Banned. Rule And/Or Policy Violation
Upvotes: 0
Received 0 Upvotes on 0 Posts
lokring krimper

Hi, Iam a hvac contractor in illinois. Recently I was introduced to a new tool a lokring krimper. Particulary for refrigerant and air conditioning lines without any need for brazing. I dont want to go into details you can read all about that tool on Lokring Tube Connectors thats rite lok with a k. Anyway I am looking for some opinions particulary from people that are using that tool. I want to use it on new r410 systems. Krimper is about $1500 for set with different size fittings just wondering if its worse the money. Any opinions greatly appreciated. Sorry about spelling.

Old 03-20-09, 03:11 AM
I've looked on professional HVAC forums and so far there's no feedback on it positive or negative. At this point I would be skeptical on R-22 systyms and even more on R-410 with its high pressure. Before I spent that kind of money I would hold off for a while until it's proven reliable. It would be great though for areas such as attics and close quarter brazing.

Old 03-20-09, 06:52 AM
H
Banned. Rule And/Or Policy Violation
Originally Posted by mattison
I've looked on professional HVAC forums and so far there's no feedback on it positive or negative. At this point I would be skeptical on R-22 systyms and even more on R-410 with its high pressure. Before I spent that kind of money I would hold off for a while until it's proven reliable. It would be great though for areas such as attics and close quarter brazing.
Well I was thinking it would be great on r410 systems since you have only about 20 minutes to complete your brazing before moisture gets in your lines.

Old 03-20-09, 06:59 AM
M
The latest thing

Noone in our market using them yet but I would definitely let something like that get at least a couple of years in the field before I started using it. Remember all the law suits that resulted from butyl tubing when it first hit the plumbing market in the 80s. There have been so many new products like that that did not stand the test of time and the old days when some people got away with "if it lasts a year it's out of warranty" are gone just think if you did a whole subdivision and leaks started popping up after two years, then homeowners association calls lawyer, lawyer sees class action next thing you know you and the manufacturer are on the 5 o'clock news.

Search this Thread

Ask a Question
Question Title:
Description:
Your question will be posted in: