problems with Carrier AC unit for my condo

Old 03-22-09, 04:19 AM
J
Upvotes: 0
Received 0 Upvotes on 0 Posts
Problems with Carrier AC unit for my condo

Hello. This is my first time here and i just wanted to ask the experts or knowleagable about my problem. I have a Carrier unit # KFDEH0901D75 (unit size 24)

link to manual:
http://www.dcne.com/commprodscar/Pro...s/ff1e-2pd.pdf

also written on the ac unit is # FF1DNA024075 (ABAA)
which i assume is the coils

link to pdf:
http://www.aairco.com/bryant/Product...g/ffc19_20.pdf

PROBLEM: I have the ac running to give me cold air but doesn't seem to cool very well. It could be running all day and the darn temp will remain well above 75F when I have it cranked to the max with a 62F selected temperature to reach. Doesn't cool strong, enough fast enough, never reaches desired cold temperature. Condo stays warm.

ac unit is in a 867 sq foot condo built in 2002. unit is inside a closet with shaded type of door for freeflow of air. Filter was recently changed. General inspection led me to believe nothing is wrong but not sure if this uses something similar to freon or of the sort. Other conclusion is that it needs another set of coils. Or unit simply is limited to working this way.

Any ideas on what could be the problem? or how i can start trouble shooting this problem?

Very much appreciate the help!

Old 03-22-09, 07:26 AM
Welcome Jimmy, First you would need to pass the EPA 608 Certification course, then buy a set of refrigeration gauges. Then buy a 30# tank of R22 (or R410A) for about $300 (so far).
Seriously though, it sounds low on refrigerant. A relatively inexpensive repair. Depending upon where you are a service call could be scheduled pretty quickly this time of year.
However, it's easy to overcharge a unit when the temps are below 70*F, unless you happen to get an old pro like me, who can adjust for the ambience.
TomBeer 4U2

Old 03-22-09, 11:29 AM
J
thank you Tom!

Thanks for your response! That really made me see what my next steps will be...

I did the Do It Yourself Math: study + $24.95 test + $150 manifold gauge set + $300 R22 tank = too much money & time.

So I called an independent local AC tech and he will take a look and fill refrigerant in my AC unit for $75 - $175, depending on how much R22 I use.

This forum rocks! Beer 4U2

Search this Thread

Ask a Question
Question Title:
Description:
Your question will be posted in: