AC fan wont stop running

Old 04-01-09, 09:07 AM
B
Upvotes: 0
Received 0 Upvotes on 0 Posts
Question AC fan wont stop running

I have a Trane model # TWV036B140A. It has worked fine for heating through the winter (if you can call it winter in AZ) as soon as it was switched over to cooling the blower fan has stayed on continuously. The only way to tun it off is to unplug the unit. I have played around with the thermostat and don't think that is the problem. I am thinking it might be the relay switch. Does that sound right? and how can I confirm my assumption?

Old 04-06-09, 02:45 PM
The electric heat modules in these heat pumps are involved in a recall that might affect the constant fan operation. Check out this website for more info:

CPSC, Trane recall supplemental heaters - HVACR and Hydronics News - Supply House Times

If that doesn't work, just copy the name and model# into a search engine.
TomBeer 4U2

Old 04-23-09, 10:07 PM
B
Air Handler wont stop

I have a Trane air handler model #TWV036B140A The fan on my air handler will not shut off no matter what setting I put the thermostat on.

Where do I find the electric heat modules and how would I test them?

We have tested voltage to the FDR and all is well.
We removed the voltage to the coil of the FDR and the fan stopped.

We then removed the green wire for the terminal strip and waited for a timed period and the fan did not stop.
I wish to confirm that the PCB is at fault and should be replaced or is there more trouble shooting I can do to run down the problem?

Old 04-25-09, 10:03 AM
K
Not able to find a wiring diagram however, you should put in your mod. number on internet and check on the electric heater recall. The problem could be a bad board or a high temp switch could be causeing the fan to run.

Search this Thread

Ask a Question
Question Title:
Description:
Your question will be posted in: