raise AC condenser

Old 04-21-09, 01:15 PM
J
Upvotes: 0
Received 0 Upvotes on 0 Posts
raise AC condenser

I purchased a new home and there has been 6-12 inches of ground settling around my AC unit (condenser/compressor?). The coil (insulated pipe) running from the wall of my house to the unit is in a shape kind of like a Z. The top of the "Z" is about 6 inches then it drops at almost a 90% angle two or three feet and then another almost 90% angle into my unit.

I want to raise the unit so that water runoff will stop flowing towards that part of my house. I lifted it a bit and it appears like the top portion of the pipe is rising so instead of coming out of the house level (-) it starts to go up (/). Hopefully that makes sense.

So my questions are--
--How delicate is the pipe or coil? Should I be concerned about cracking or breaking it?
--Should I unhook it before raising it and once it is in the right place I can hook it back up? If so then how do I unhook it and what should I be worried about when I do unhook it?

Thanks!

Old 04-21-09, 02:35 PM
Received 8 Upvotes on 8 Posts
New home! Have the builder do it! This should be covered under the warranty.

Old 04-26-09, 06:15 PM
Received 0 Upvotes on 0 Posts
Sounds like the line set is kinked. That requires cutting, brazing, evacuating and recharging, along with raising the pad.
It would be real expensive for you to buy all the tools, refrigerant, and licenses that are required.
Tom Beer 4U2

Search this Thread

Ask a Question
Question Title:
Description:
Your question will be posted in: