Goodman pgb030075-1 rev A

Old 04-27-09, 01:10 PM
V
Upvotes: 0
Received 0 Upvotes on 0 Posts
Goodman pgb030075-1 rev A

Hi everyone,
I have a goodman unit that has decided not to work as sson as it gets Hot. Everything appears to be normal except the fan on the condenser is not turning. There is actually a small amount of cool air coming up through the vents. The status led is on which indicates normal operation. I also checked the voltage coming off of the capacitor(to the fan) and I had 120VAC on the purple, brown and black wire. I measured from terminal to chassis ground. My initial thought is the fan motor, but the last time I tried to fix my refrigerator I thought is was a 79.00 circuit board and it ended up being a 9.00 relay..so I wanted to ask the experts...Okay well just on a whim I went outside and manually started the fan and it is now going(now, I think it might just be that starter cap..
Sidnote the heat side has not worked in awhile..it is gas and it trys to ignite but fails and I get 1 blink on the status led..but I am very unfamiliar with Gas and am not sure where to check.
Thanks in advance
Keith

Old 04-27-09, 01:17 PM
V
Just looked out the window and the fan stopped again, and is not starting when it sounds like it should

Old 04-27-09, 02:53 PM
V
Update

Okay, I have tried some more things from my readings here. First when I jump start the fan manually it only runs for awhile. also the air doesnt really feel real cold. So that made me think about the compressor may not be turning on either..I felt the high and low lines and they do not feel cool at all...so I started wondering if I have a duel capacitor that runs both the fan and the comp...acording to my scat there is one wire that runs from the cap over to the comp..(so does this mean it is a duel cap) I am leaning towards yes...I will replace cap tommorow...any other help or confirmation would be appreciated..also this house was empty for 4 years and I have been here for almost 3 years...so could it be as simple as charge or something...please advise me on mandatory maintanence.
Thank You
Keith

Old 04-27-09, 06:33 PM
Yes, it sounds like you have a dual capacitor supplying the comp. & condensor fan. While you're replacing that, check for oil holes on the fan motor.
Might as well change the filter, check the belt (if any) on the indoor blower, and oil if possible. With the power off, you could even reverse flush the outdoor coil with a hose. Careful not to bend the fins too much...
Tom Beer 4U2

Search this Thread

Ask a Question
Question Title:
Description:
Your question will be posted in: