Carrier a/c model FA4ANF024,drainpan issue.

Old 05-10-09, 02:09 PM
T
Upvotes: 0
Received 0 Upvotes on 0 Posts
Carrier a/c model FA4ANF024,drainpan issue.

This model is about 10 years old and has started leaking near the drain pan area.
I removed the front cover and found the compressor coils are at an angle and the drain pan impossible to reach for cleaning.
I have put bleach in the tray on occasion, but still have leaking.
I have also been advised to suck out the water with my shopvac from the outside drain tube. Not fun, but it works.

Just trying to figure out how to "blow out" the system from inside the house. I have used this method with other units and it seems to do the trick. But this one is a problem. Any suggestions?

Thank you!

Old 05-10-09, 02:47 PM
S
My experience says you have lint and crud clogging up the drain pan, which is a channel routing the water. Any obstructions makes the water find another route, in your case...outside the enclosure. Cleaning out is called for.

Old 05-11-09, 08:39 AM
Received 1 Upvote on 1 Post
They make a tool called a Gallo gun for clearing condensate lines, you can get it at any HVAC supply house

Old 05-11-09, 10:11 AM
S
I guess if it was me I would improvise by opening the line near the coil (with a plan on how youre gonna reclose it). Then I'd blow compressed air up the line toward the coil.....maybe from a tank you have or maybe even those computer air spray cans would work, or check the price on that gallo.

Old 05-11-09, 10:40 AM
Received 1 Upvote on 1 Post
Originally Posted by srercrcr
I guess if it was me I would improvise by opening the line near the coil (with a plan on how youre gonna reclose it). Then I'd blow compressed air up the line toward the coil.....maybe from a tank you have or maybe even those computer air spray cans would work, or check the price on that gallo.
Why would you try to clear the line toward the coil?

Old 05-11-09, 02:39 PM
S
I'm thinking if there's a blockage inside the coil enclosure that's the only direction I can go.

Old 08-24-09, 07:57 AM
a/c drains

More than likely your condensate drain line coming from your a/c unit in connected to a 1 1/2 p-trap. You must free the sludge and debris from the p-trap. I would suggest disconnecting the 3/4" pvc line near the a/c unit, insert a air hose, hold a rag or towel to prevent back pressure, apply high pressure to release clogged area.

Search this Thread

Ask a Question
Question Title:
Description:
Your question will be posted in: