window a/c, compressor not kicking on

Old 05-20-09, 12:24 PM
Received 0 Votes on 0 Posts
window a/c, compressor not kicking on

I have an LG model #lwhd1500er window air conditioner that I purchased last summer for my condo. It worked great! At the end of the summer I stored it in my garage and re-installed it yesterday. The unit turns on and the fan works but I can't get the compressor to kick on. I have tired turning the power on and off. Unplugging the unit. Chaning modes from "cool" to "fan" and back to "cool". Any suggestions?

Sponsored Links
Old 05-20-09, 01:13 PM
even if unplugged....turn the temperature control fully CCW then CW you should hear a click if not the stat might be open

Old 05-20-09, 01:37 PM
Thank you for the reply and I'm sorry but I'm a complete novice. What is a CCW, CW and Stat?

The unit has an electronic tempature control on it. So when inplugged I can't adjust the tempature. I have changed the temptaure on the unit all the way up (80) and all the way down (60) to try and get the compressor to kick on.

Old 05-20-09, 06:46 PM
no problem........so the unit has a digital control panel mounted right into it put up the model number here so we can look at the features off their website.

Old 05-21-09, 10:38 AM
model #lwhd1500er ...................

Old 05-11-10, 04:53 PM
Lg ac unit

I am having the same issue with mine. I have an LG LWHD7000HR ac window unit and it works fine for 5 minutes. Then the compressor turns off and never comes back on unless I reset the unit. Please help. Thanks.