Reviews on a/c systems?


  #1  
Old 06-07-09, 12:05 PM
T
Member
Thread Starter
Join Date: May 2002
Location: USA
Posts: 176
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Reviews on a/c systems?

I am looking for online reviews for Central A/C Whole House Systems. I cannot seem to find any. Even consumer reports has only done reviews on room a/c's. Can anyone suggest any good websites to me? The only thing I found was something where people sent in gripes, but I need real reviews. Thanks MUCH/ Jina
 
  #2  
Old 06-07-09, 12:31 PM
airman.1994's Avatar
Member
Join Date: Dec 2005
Location: VA
Posts: 5,795
Likes: 0
Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts
There are none! The reason why is because equipment is only part of what you or buying. Id say 45%. The other 55% is the installation. A poor installation will consume more electricity, shorten the life and you will have more problems out of the equipment. You are better off doing a good job interviewing company's to install the equipment rather than worry to much about equipment. Having said that company's that install the better equipment tend to do a better job on the install.
 
  #3  
Old 06-07-09, 12:38 PM
T
Member
Thread Starter
Join Date: May 2002
Location: USA
Posts: 176
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
HMMMM....I have been using the same HVAC Co. for a long time, which I would hope would mean they are very good. I'll have to check the labor warrantee. Thanks/Jina
 
  #4  
Old 06-07-09, 01:49 PM
GregH's Avatar
Super Moderator
Join Date: Jan 2001
Location: Manitoba
Posts: 10,235
Received 65 Likes on 60 Posts
I agree that there is really no such thing as a bad central system.
Many have exactly the same components in them.
 
  #5  
Old 06-09-09, 10:37 PM
O
Member
Join Date: Jun 2009
Location: usa
Posts: 12
Likes: 0
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
check out the york rebates they have right now up to 1700 hundred bucks, but you need to find the right installers it is more important than the brand of unit you buy
 
 

Thread Tools
Search this Thread
 
Ask a Question
Question Title:
Description:
Your question will be posted in: