Thermostat issue

Old 06-09-09, 03:29 PM
R
Upvotes: 0
Received 0 Upvotes on 0 Posts
Thermostat issue

I installed a Robertshaw Rs4110 at my parents house the other day the main reason why i chose this one is i wanted something simple because they do not like complication they were very happy with their t87 but they always complained that they wanted something that wouldn't go on after 1 degree so i installed this one because the differential is adjustable up to 3 degrees. IT is for AC only. The thing i notice is that i don't think the shortcycle protection is working because i notice that if they raise the temperature it goes off but then if they lower it it goes right on also i tried turning thermostat off and then putting it right back in cool mode it the condensor would click right back on. I went into programming menu and it is is set to 5 minutes am i missing something? I have it running off the batteries because i don't have a common wire at the stat. Possibly a defective stat?

Old 06-09-09, 06:23 PM
Received 1 Upvote on 1 Post
Take the R/S junk off the wall put a T87N1000 on and you'll be fine

Old 06-10-09, 03:07 AM
S
Received 0 Upvotes on 0 Posts
if you have a spare wire in the stat pull from the air handler get that C on the subbase..you might be in default mode off the batteries and the TD might not be used then...if they are calling for a true R/C then you need a solid 24Vs on the subbase without it the electronics will barely give you on/off as you have...

Search this Thread

Ask a Question
Question Title:
Description:
Your question will be posted in: