Danby DAC8009EE shuts off before reaches set temperature

Old 06-17-09, 05:10 PM
H
Upvotes: 0
Received 0 Upvotes on 0 Posts
Danby DAC8009EE shuts off before reaches set temperature

I have a brand new 8000 btu Danby DAC8009EE window air conditioner operating on 115V 13amp. Its been running fine today so far except for one thing.

The compressor turns off before it reaches the set temperature. I set it to 70f and it turned off when the room temperature was still 77f.

I think this is because the temperature sensor for the air conditioner comes in contact with the cold air, making it think its 70f.

Has anyone had problems like these with window air conditioners that set temperature?

Does anyone know if you can put it to manual? i.e. just blow cold air

Thanks

Old 06-17-09, 11:17 PM
D
Upvotes: 0
Received 0 Upvotes on 0 Posts
I have seen Danby dishwashers, they make an 18" wide model [or at least they used to], never heard of a Danby A/C. Frankly, I would take it back and request another one. What size circuit do you have it on [the circuit breaker, how many amps is it?]?

update- I found the manual online. In sleep mode the temperature increases gradually. Check to see if you have it on sleep mode. Now to me that's backwaeds, I would want it colder for sleeping, not warmer but that's just me. It doesn't look like you can go a manual override.

Search this Thread

Ask a Question
Question Title:
Description:
Your question will be posted in: